Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The harvest is so ripe!

I was struck by something a retired pastor said not long ago, he was talking about the shape the U.S. / world is in. He stated that his kids had discussed with him the bleak outlook for his grandkids. How their future could be so different than theirs and what would/could they do. Bro. Moesers perspective was so refreshing! He told his kids this is perhaps the greatest time for a Christian to be alive in all of history. The harvest is so ripe and the laborers so few! What better time to be about the Kings business! You know he is so right. We see an election that some think is already lost, a global economy that appears to be at the least very troubled and people everywhere who don't know what to do or where to turn. Just think we have what there looking for - hope,joy, love and a "deep settled peace."
Sometimes we lose touch with reality - SPIRITUAL REALITY. The "cares of this world" choke out the fact that eternity is a date we must all keep. How easy it can be, if we are not on guard, to forget that we will all stand before that "Ancient of Days".
There are times when I'm waiting in the car at wallymart for Kara (way to often it seems = } ) and I just watch people pass and wonder oh God are they ready to meet You. I used to pray Lord wake them up, let them come to a saving knowledge of You. Then I realized that in some ways my prayer was backward - it should be Lord wake ME up, set me on fire, set your church on fire to get back into the business of bringing the lost to you. I often think we have everything their really looking for.
Lord help me to spread the wealth that I have in Christ Jesus.
Thou wilt keep in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in thee. Isaiah 26:3

2 comments:

Vicki Clifton said...

Ricky
so true...made me cry. I get so depressed that sometimes I don't remember the true reason for EVERYTHING! Thanks for the encouragement!

Reese said...

Brother, ever since I sat in on your message awhile back I have been encouraged, and one line in particular that you said during your message, and you also stated here in your blog: "live your life so that everyone wants what "you" have." ---I am so proud of you for letting God Talk thru you. You have a gift.