Thursday, October 16, 2008

Violin,new words and old trucks

RickyIII went for his third violin lesson and can now identify the different parts of the fiddle, oops I mean violin. He can now play Mississippi hotdog. Benjamin is constantly coming up with new phrases. While at Branson a couple weeks ago the waitress had just brought our plates at which Benjamin looked at his plate and said "well its better than nothin' ". We still don't know where he come up with that, another one he pulled from out of somewhere -kara was going to pick me up at the mechanics were I was takin my truck. Unbeknownst to her I had took the back way. She got there and came looking for me as I had yet to get there and Ricky wanted to know momma where we going? Kara told him to find daddy his truck may be broke down, at which that little nasal voice from the back (Ben) said "that's horrible". Cody is doing well and adjusting just fine. He is working on an old truck to drive back and forth to school since my lil Honda isn't cool enough. He is also doing very well at breaking/training a colt right now (his first one for a Payin customer) and has decided after "retraining" a mule that he will stick with horses. God has blessed me so.

3 comments:

Echoes From The Heart of the Hollow said...

How blessed this Mama and Grammy feels reading about all of you,my dear family!Truly God has done what He promised me a few years ago and that it is He would restore,"the years the locusts ate up" to each of my children.What a wonderful God He is worthy of all praise.Hugs and kisses to my three boys.Love you all to the moon.....

Arthur and Jessica said...

Hi, Ricky,
It's been a long time since I've seen the Hollenbeck clan, but it's good to hear from you. I remember when we were little, your mom and dad would come over, and Reese and Lori would push us down the hill in Justin's firetruck. :-) Like to see them try that now! Oh, and your dad would stand in the yard with a stick and point to the fences like Babe Ruth. We'd get so mad because he always cheated, but really, we loved it. We'd try to tackle him before he got to home. Then when I was a bit older, I don't know, 12 or so, and you'd come over and bring Cody, and you'd ride the horses and let me ride now and then too. It was nice of you to let a little girl trail your horses all day. I can still tie a slip-knot thanks to you. :-D I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Your boys are getting so big! Anyways, I've rambled on. I just wanted to say hi and good to catch up with you all a little!
Jessica

Kristi said...

Rick,
Stumbled onto your blog by accident. Thrilled to learn you are clasped “In the Grip of Grace” Max Lucado so eloquently writes about. It is freeing on many levels to be fulfilling our earthy purpose. I have wondered about you and Nate over the years and am glad you are thriving. I live in KC and have taught ornery elementary students for 13 exhausting but rewarding years. My husband Brian and I have been “just a couple” for 11 great years… traveling and developing careers. Everyone has their own path. Many times the twists and turns take us to unexpected places, but that’s the best part of this life-long adventure! Just wanted to say “Hi!” Wish you always the best!

Kristi (Vaughn) Stricker